Package Description :
- Adventure Trekking
- Great Passes
- Natural with Great views
- Ethnic villages
- lots of Bridges
Package Detail :
Lower Dolpo and Phoksundo Lake trekking is one another attractive trekking destinations in Dolpo region, located in the isolated corner of trans-Himalayan zone of Nepal. Trekking in lower Dolpo gives tourists an exposure to one of the hidden wilderness in the earth, primarily the Buddhist monasteries. The lower Dolpo lies in the northwest part of Dolpo region. It is one of the most remote places and is also known for its high mountain Lake Se- Phoksundo. It is located inside the Shey-Phoksundo National Park in mid-western Nepal behind the Dhaulagiri massif towards the Tibetan plateau. Lower Dolpo is considered to be the most popular trek in western Nepal.
Lower Dolpo and Phoksundo Lake TrekkingShey Gompa and the rest of the huge park that covers 1,373 sq. km above the Phoksundo Lake, which is still restricted, and therefore, it requires special trekking permit from Kathmandu to have trekking in Dolpo region. The visitors will have an opportunity to visit ancient villages, high passes, beautiful Lakes, isolated Buddhist monasteries and also to experience the vast array of wildlife inhabiting the region such as Blue-sheep, mountain-goat, jackal, wolf and snow-leopard. The lower Dolpo has remained isolated even though Tibetan origin people have continued to live, cultivate and do trading with Tibetans.
The trekking to Lower Dolpo trekking begins with the flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, subsequently to Jumla and the trip continues to Naphukana, Chaurikot, along the Bheri Riverside, Garpung Khola, Kagmara, you happen to cross the Kagmara La (5,115 m) pass and make excursion to the Shey Phoksundo Lake and Shey Phoksundo National Park and then the trekking descends down to Baga La Phedi, Lahini, Tarakot and finally return back to Dunai and Juphal and then fly back to Nepalgunj or Pokhara or direct flight to Kahtmandu.
Day 01 :Arrival in Kathmandu, we will receive you then transfer to the hotel
Day 02 :Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 03 :Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
Day 04 :Fly from Nepalgunj to Jhupal (Dolpo) (2,320m) and trek to Dunai (2,850m 2-3 hours trek
Day 05 :Dunai to Tarakot (2,543m): 5-6 hours
Day 06 :Tarakot to Laini (3,160 m): 6-7 hours
Day 07 :Laini to Nawarpani (3,545m): 5-6 hours
Day 08 :Nawarpani to Do Tarap (4,090m): 7-8 hours
Day 09 :Rest Day at Do Tarap for acclimatization
Day 10 :Trek to Numa La Base Camp (4440m): 6-7 hours walk
Day 11 :Cross Numa La pass (5,190m), camp at Pelung Tang (4465m): 6-7 hours
Day 12 :Cross Baga La pass (5,070m), trek to Dajok Tang (4,080m): 6 hours
Day 13 :Dajok Tang to Ringmo (3,600m): 3-4 hours
Day 14 :Hike to Phoksundo Lake
Day 15 :Phoksundo Lake to Shyanta (2520m): 5-6 hours walk
day 16 :Shyanta to Jhupal
Day 17 :Fly to Nepalgunj, fly to Kathmandu
Day 18 :Rest Day at Katmandu
Day 19 :Departure
OR : If you have some free time when you finished the trekking to back pokhara you can enjoy with some adventre activities :like Paragliding ,Ultralight flight ,Rafting ,Jungle safari trip or what ever you like to do .For extend your holiday please we can support you to organize the trip for you .Let us know about that .
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van
- 3 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 2- 3star category hotel in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu city sightseeing tours by private car / van
- Flight fare from Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Juphal -Nepalgunj-Kathmandu including
- Full board meal (veg. /non veg.) during camping, prepared by our expert cook with Tea & coffee.
- Boiled and purify drinking water for the trek.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and other equipment during the camping trek. We will provide fully water proof two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, Table with chairs, kitchen utensils, toilet tents etc.
- A government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek. A cook, Kitchen helper, required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Down sleeping bag / Jackets, walking poles, and other necessary equipments during the trek. (If you don’t have you own)
- Special Trekking upper Dolpo permit and other required paper documents.
- All our government taxes tourist service charges. official expenses.
Cost Excludes for Lower Dolpo Trekking
- Extra Accommodation and meals while in city.
- Entrance fee while sight seeing in the city .
- Personal trekking equipments.
- International flight ,Passsport and visa fee for Nepal.
- Your travel insurence (For travel ,Cancellation ,Accodent ,Health ,Emergency evacution ,loose your life ,theft or damage your goods )
- Tips and gratuities(Crew frequently recives some recognition for good services)
- Personal expenses like :soft drinks ,mineral water,alcoholic beverages ,Phone ,laundry etc .
- All other services not included in the “cost include ” section above.
Note : Before you book the trip please clear with our terms and conditions which one above the menu bar on our website
If any reason if you are sick and any accident in the mountain we will operate an immediate rescue .Regarding the billing and claiming the amount our helicopter company will take care .For the purpose you most have an insurance to cover an all medical and rescue .